Lynwood Subdivision (Lennar Firestation Site)
The City has approved an application from U.S. Home Corporation dba Lennar (the "Applicant") for a residential subdivision on the property generally located west and south of Fire Station #1 and identified as PID #20-32-25-44-0003 (the "Subject Property"). The Subject Property is approximately thirty-four (34) acres in size. The project includes twelve (12) single family homes along the north and west property boundaries, and 125 attached townhomes throughout the remainder of the site.
The single family residential portion would have a density of three (3) units per acre and the attached townhome portion would have a density of approximately five (5) units per acre. The City Council passed a Comprehensive Plan Amendment to reduce the density of the site from High Density Residential to Medium Density Residential (overall 4 - 8 units/acre) and a Zoning Amendment to rezone a portion of the Subject Property from R-3 Residential (High Density) to R-2 Residential (Medium Density). Approximately 44.5% of the Subject Property will remain as open space.
Construction is underway, including installation of internal roads as well as turn lanes on Armstrong Boulevard. The second phase was approved by the City Council on January 10, 2023,
- August 26, 2021: Public Hearing for the Preliminary Plat and Zoning Amendment (approved).
- September 14, 2021: Introduction of Ordinance #21-19 requesting rezoning of a portion of the Subject Property from R-3 Residential (High Density) to R-2 Residential (Medium Density) (approved).
- September 23, 2021: Public Hearing to consider a request for a Variance to minimum lot size for multiple parcels (approved).
- September 28, 2021: Adoption of Ordinance #21-19 approving the rezoning of a portion of the Subject Property from R-3 Residential (High Density) to R-2 Residential (Medium Density) (approved).
- September 28, 2021: Approval of Preliminary Plat (approved).
- October 28, 2021: Public Hearing to consider a request for a Variance to the front yard set back on multiple lots (approved).
- November 9, 2021: Adoption of Resolution #21-317 approving a Grading Agreement (approved).
- February 22, 2022: Adoption of Resolution #22-044, approving Final Plat and Development Agreement (approved).
- January 10, 2023: Adoption of Resolution #23-006, approving Final Plat and Development Agreement for Lynwood Second Addition (approved).
The Applicant had originally proposed 65-foot wide single family lots in the northwest corner of the Subject Property. After receiving feedback from the City Council, the Applicant has amended the plans to be in unison with the current zoning designation; proposing 80 foot wide lots. The proposed Zoning Amendment retains the R-1 Residential (MUSA) - 80 designation adjacent to the existing rural neighborhood, but does reconfigure the boundary slightly to better match the proposed lot configuration.
Please contact Senior Planner, Chris Anderson, at (763) 433-9817 with any questions.