Lynwood Subdivision (Lennar Firestation Site)
The City has approved an application from U.S. Home Corporation dba Lennar (the "Applicant") for a Preliminary Plat and Zoning Amendment for the property generally located west and south of Fire Station #1 and identified as PID #20-32-25-44-0003 (the "Subject Property").
The Sketch Plan is the first of three (3) steps in a Major Plat. No formal action is required on a Sketch Plan. Rather, it provides an opportunity for the Planning Commission to provide feedback to the applicant prior to the drafting of more detailed plans required at the Preliminary Plat (2nd step) and Final Plat (3rd step).
The Subject Property is guided as High Density Residential in the 2040 Comprehensive Plan. This designation requires a density range between eight (8) and fifteen (15) units per acre. The Applicant has applied for a Comprehensive Plan Amendment to re-guide the Subject Property from HDR to Medium Density Residential (MDR), which allows a density range of four (4) to eight (8) units per acre.
A grading Agreement was approved on November 9, 2021. The Applicant has yet to submit a Final Plat application.
- Public Hearing for the Preliminary Plat and Zoning Amendment at the Planning Commission meeting on August 26, 2021.
- Introduction of Ordinance #21-19 requesting rezoning of property West and South of 15050 Armstrong Blvd from R-3 Residential (High Density) to R-2 Residential (Medium Density), related to the Lynwood Subdivision, at the Ramsey City Council meeting on September 14, 2021.
- Public Hearing to consider a Variance request for the minimum lot size on September 28, 2021.
- Public Hearing for a Variance request to the front yard set back on October 28, 2021.
- Resolution #21-317, regarding a grading agreement, was approved by the City Council on November 9, 2021.
The Applicant had originally proposed 65-foot wide single family lots in the northwest corner of the Subject Property. After receiving feedback from the City Council, the Applicant has amended the plans to be in unison with the current zoning designation; proposing 80 foot wide lots. The proposed Zoning Amendment retains the R-1 Residential (MUSA) - 80 designation adjacent to the existing rural neighborhood, but does reconfigure the boundary slightly to better match the proposed lot configuration.
Please contact City Planner, Chris Anderson, at (763)433-9817 for any questions.