Building Permits and Inspections

Call Before You Dig

Please call 811 before you dig.  For information related to Gopher State One Call, visit the Office of Pipeline Safety Website.

811 Icon

Permits are required for the following improvements:

  • Accessory Structure (over 200 square feet)
  • Addition
  • Air Conditioner
  • Air Exchanger
  • Basement Finish
  • Deck
  • Demolition
  • Electrical Alterations 
  • Fence (over seven [7] feet tall)
  • Fireplace
  • Furnace/Unit Heater
  • Mechanical Alterations 
  • Mobile Home
  • Moving a Structure
  • New Dwelling Construction
  • Plumbing Alterations
  • Replacement Windows
  • Re-Roofing
  • Re-Siding
  • Septic System
  • Septic Tank
  • Sewer and Water
  • Sign Permit
  • Swimming Pool
  • Vacuum Breaker
  • Water Heater
  • Water Softener

If there are questions about whether your project requires a permit, please do not hesitate to reach out to Building Department Staff. A permit ensures proper services are provided to safeguard life, health, property and public welfare. If work is done improperly, such work can become unsafe for homeowners and their families, as well as devalue their homes. For inquiries related to Building Code or permits, please contact the Building Department.

Looking for Business Licenses? Visit our Business Licensing page.
Looking for Right of Way Permit Applications? Visit our page to apply.