State Primary - August 9, 2022
General Election - November 8, 2022
The following Ramsey City Council seats will be voted on in the 2022 Election:
- Councilmember At-Large
- *Councilmember Ward 1
- Councilmember Ward 3
*The Councilmember Ward 1 race will be on the Primary Ballot. The two candidates in that race receiving the most votes will move on to the General Election Ballot. A primary is not necessary for the races with two or less candidates.
Absentee voting for the Primary Election begins on Friday, June 24. You may vote in-person absentee at Ramsey City Hall or at Anoka County Elections from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Both locations will also be open to accommodate absentee voting on Saturday, August 6, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 8. You may request to vote absentee by mail by visiting Minnesota Secretary Of State - Vote early by mail. For questions regarding elections, please call city staff at 763-427-1410, or contact Anoka County Elections at 763-324-1300.
The Primary Election is scheduled for Tuesday, August 9, 2022. All polling locations within the City of Ramsey will be open for voting from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Candidates filed for Office - 2022 for terms beginning in January 2023
- Ward 3 Filing: Dan Specht phone: 763-464-0240, Email
- At-Large Filing: Chris Riley phone: 612-619-4245, Email
- Ward 1 Filing: Milene (Mickey) Adams phone: 612-251-3288, Email
- At-Large Filing: Jeffrey (Jeff) Lubarski phone: 612-271-7006, Email
- Ward 1 Filing: Michael Olson phone: 763-360-5794, Email
- Ward 3 Filing: Rachal Johnson phone: 612-272-5221, Email
- Ward 1 Filing: Wayne Grimmer phone: 612-701-7555
Redistricting is the process of redrawing the boundaries of election districts to ensure that the people of each district are equally represented. Visit the Redistricting page for for information. The Secretary of State Poll Finder has been updated after the 2022 redistricting, visit https://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us to view your polling location. There have been some changes to the Ward/Precinct lines due to redistricting; therefore, your polling location could be different from the last election. Two changes to note regarding the Polling locations, residents who reside in Ward 3 Precinct 2 will no longer vote at Fire Station #1, the new polling location is the Public Works Building located at 14199 Jaspar Street NW, Ramsey. Secondly, Ward 3 Precinct 3 is a new Precinct for residents who reside in Congressional District 3. Residents who reside in Ward 3 Precinct 3 will vote at Ramsey Municipal Center in the Lake Itasca Room.
- Results from Previous Elections
- View the results of the Ward 1 Special Election (2021)
- View the results of the General Election (2020)
- View the results of the Presidential Nomination Primary (2020)
- View the results of the Ward 3 Special Election (2019)
- View the results of the Councilmember At-Large Special Election (2019)
- View the results of the 2018 General Election.
Number of Households Per Ward
Campaign Finance Reporting
Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 211A.02, Subd. 6, Campaign Finance Reports will be posted within thirty (30) days of the receipt of the report and will remain available for four (4) years after the posting date.