Gun Permits

If you live in the City of Ramsey you can apply for a permit to purchase a handgun at the Ramsey Police Department.

A valid MN ID is required, listing your current (Ramsey) address. Applications take approximately one week to process and there is no fee for the permit.


Permits to Carry

Permits to carry handguns must be obtained through your local sheriff's office. Go to the MN Dept of Public Safety web site for the most current information and application for a permit to carry.

Anoka County citizens must apply in person at the Sheriff's Office at 13301 Hanson Blvd NW, Andover, MN. Download the Permit to Carry Requirements / Instructions sheet from this Web site (Adobe Acrobat format).