*This event is in the planning process. All information is subject to change. Please check back for more information as the event approaches.
The Chili Cook-off is back! Join us for this delicious event at the Happy Days Festival and show off your cooking skills for the community to enjoy.
The Chili Cook-off will be taking place from 1:00 to 2:30 pm. Up to 20 Ramsey residents can submit their most-loved chili recipe for the community to sample. Taste-testers can sample up to ten different homemade chili recipes for only $2 and vote for their favorite. The winner of each category will take home the pot!
- There will be 2 chili categories included in the cook off. This entails contestants to select the base of your chili - whether it belongs in the "red" or "white" category (For example: Traditional beef chili has a tomato base, versus a white chicken chili that has a broth/cream base)
- Chili should be made in a 6-quart crockpot
- Registrants are responsible for transportation and food safety practices
- Anoka County requires all chili that is not made in a commercial kitchen to be labeled
- Labels must include the maker's name and address in which the chili was prepared
*A covered tent, table cloths, paper products, silverware, napkins, and power will be supplied for this event.
Contact Event Coordinator Megan Thorstad via email or at 763-433-9831 for details.